No matter how you eat them, mozzarella sticks are delicious. They can be a great appetizer or a meal all on their own. And while marinara sauce is a classic dipping choice, there are other options out there that can be just as tasty. Here are four dipping sauces for mozzarella sticks that will change your life.
15 Different dipping sauces for mozzarella sticks
- BBQ Sauce: BBQ sauce is a great alternative to marinara because it has a zesty flavor that pairs well with the creamy taste of mozzarella cheese. The smokiness of the BBQ sauce also adds an extra layer of flavor that traditional marinara sauces lack. Just make sure you don’t use too much; you don’t want to overwhelm the taste of the cheese.
- Pesto Sauce: Pesto is another great option for dipping your mozzarella sticks. The key ingredient in pesto is basil, which gives the dipping sauce a unique flavor that goes well with the richness of the cheese. Pesto can be a little bit heavier than other sauces, so make sure you take that into consideration when choosing how much to use.
- Honey Mustard: Honey mustard is a great option if you’re looking for something that’s both sweet and savory. The sweetness of the honey balances out the tanginess of the mustard, creating a dip that’s irresistible. Just be careful not to use too much honey; otherwise, it will overpower the flavor of the cheese sticks.
- Ranch Dressing: Ranch dressing is a classic choice for dipping, and there’s a reason why. The creaminess of ranch pairs perfectly with the creamy taste of mozzarella cheese, making it an ideal choice for those who want a simple yet effective dipping sauce. As with all of these sauces, make sure you don’t use too much ranch; otherwise, it will become too rich and start to overwhelm the flavor of the cheese sticks.
- Spicy Buffalo Sauce: Mozzarella sticks are commonly served with buffalo sauce on the side. However, if you’re looking to add some extra spice, dip your mozzarella sticks directly into the sauce. The combination of the creamy cheese and fiery sauce is sure to please your taste buds.
- Blue Cheese Dressing: For those who like their food on the funkier side, blue cheese dressing is a great option for dipping mozzarella sticks. The sharp flavor of the blue cheese pairs well with the creaminess of the melted cheese, making it a delicious and unique option.
- Tapenade: A Mediterranean-inspired dip made from olives, tapenade is a flavorful and unique option for mozzarella sticks. The salty, briny flavors of the olives pair well with the creaminess of the cheese, making it an interesting and delicious option.
- Marinara Sauce: Of course, we couldn’t forget about marinara sauce! The classic red sauce is still one of the best options for dipping mozzarella sticks thanks to its simple yet flavorful taste.
- Alfredo Sauce: If you’re in the mood for something rich and creamy, Alfredo sauce is a great option for dipping your mozzarella sticks into. The cheesy, flavorful sauce pairs perfectly with melted mozzarella cheese and makes for a indulgent treat.
- Fresco (Salsa): A refreshingly light salsa made from tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice, Fresco is a perfect summertime dip for mozzarella sticks (or really any type of food). The bright flavors pair well with the creamy cheese and make for a tasty treat on hot days.
- Dill Dip (Greek Yogurt): A light and refreshing yogurt-based dip made with dill weed and garlic powder, this Dill Dip is perfect for those who enjoy more subtle flavors. The cool yogurt pairs perfectly with fried mozzarella sticks while still providing plenty of flavor thanks to the seasonings used in the recipe.
- Coyo Mango Dip (Vegan): A dairy-free alternative to traditional mango salsa made with coconut yogurt instead of sour cream or mayo, this Coyo Mango Dip is perfect for vegan or dairy-free diners (though anyone will enjoy its deliciousness). It’s also relatively healthy thanks to its use of fresh fruits and veggies instead of processed ingredients.”
- Tamarind Chutney Dip (Indian): A sweet and tangy chutney made from tamarind paste,, this Tamarind Chutney Dip brings some heat thanks to its use of chili pepper flakes (you can always omit these if you don’t like spicy food). It’s also got a nice balance of sweet and sour flavors thanks to the addition of sugar.
- Ponzu Sauce Dip (Japanese): A citrus-based soy sauce traditionally used as a salad dressing or sushi topping,, this Ponzu Sauce Dip adds a nice salty flavor to mozzarella sticks that’s offset by the acidity of lemon juice.
- Artichoke Pizza Dip(Italian): A twist on traditional pizza that swaps out tomato sauce for artichoke hearts,, this Artichoke Pizza Dip has all the makings of a gourmet dish but is actually pretty easy to make at home.
How to make mozzarella sticks?
Mozzarella sticks are a delicious and popular snack that can be enjoyed at home with just a few simple ingredients. To make mozzarella sticks, start by cutting mozzarella cheese into long, thin strips. Then, bread the cheese strips by dipping them in beaten egg and then coating them in bread crumbs.
Next, deep fry the cheese strips in hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy. Finally, serve the mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
What sauce is good with mozzarella sticks Besides marinara?
Mozzarella sticks are a classic appetizer that can be enjoyed with a variety of sauces. While marinara is the most common dipping sauce, other options include ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, or even a simple olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixture. The important thing is to find a sauce that compliments the flavor of the mozzarella without overpowering it.
For example, a creamy ranch dressing can help to balance out the sharpness of the cheese, while a sweeter BBQ sauce can provide a contrast to the creamy filling. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to experiment with different sauces until they find the perfect match for their mozzarella sticks.
What other sauces go well with mozzarella sticks?
While mozzarella sticks are often served with marinara sauce, there are a variety of other sauces that can complement the flavor of the cheese. For a richer dish, try pairing mozzarella sticks with Alfredo or cream-based sauce.
For a vermouth spicier flavor profile, try dipping your mozzarella sticks in hot sauce or salsa. If you’re looking for something a little sweeter, barbecue or honey mustard sauce makes an excellent accompaniment to mozzarella sticks. No matter what sauce you choose, mozzarella sticks are sure to be a hit!
Which dipping sauce is the best one?
When it comes to dipping sauces, there are many different options to choose from. Some of the most popular include ranch dressing, ketchup, and barbecue sauce. However, there is no clear consensus on which dipping sauce is the best. This is partly due to personal preferences, as some people prefer a sweeter sauce while others prefer a spicier option.
However, it also depends on what you are dipping. For example, ranch dressing is a common choice for fried foods, while ketchup is often used for hamburgers and hot dogs. Ultimately, the best dipping sauce is the one that you enjoy the most. So experiment with different options and find the perfect sauce for your next meal.
Does spaghetti sauce go with mozzarella sticks?
Spaghetti sauce does go with mozzarella sticks, but it’s not the most common combination. Most people would probably say that a marinara or tomato-based sauce would be a better pairing for mozzarella sticks than a heavy, meaty spaghetti sauce. However, if you’re looking to mix things up, there’s no reason why you can’t give it a try!
Whether you like them plain or dipped in sauce, mozzarella sticks are a delicious snack that everyone can enjoy. And while marinara sauce is always a classic choice, there are other options out there that can be just as tasty—if not more so. So next time you’re feeling adventurous, try one of these four alternative dipping sauces for mozzarella sticks. You won’t be disappointed.
Our next article is on: Difference Between Smoker And Pellet Grill
Hey, I am a professional Kitchen Stuff Reviewer. Me and I have a team who uses the product first and then helps me to give reviews. I have been working in this sector for many years. So, I think I can help you to make a good decision.